Thank you for your interest in TechTown!
This worksheet represents the type of information you will need as you develop your start-up. Fill in the various information boxes to the best of your ability. It’s okay if you do not know all of the answers at this time. The purpose of this worksheet is to help you gather your thoughts. It’s also a way for TechTown to get better acquainted with you and your business idea so that we can provide you with meaningful feedback. Note that each box is limited to 250 words.
p.s. We are also asking some questions about you as this is the type of information our funders ask of us.
The TechTown Business Incubator Center (TBIC) offers an intensive business support program that accelerates the successful development of Greater Detroit-based technology-focused startups/early-stage companies by providing an array of resources and services. The TBIC supports companies working in most industries, including, but not limited to: advanced manufacturing, information technology, automotive, clean-tech, agriculture, medical, transportation, and consumer products.
To be considered for acceptance into the TBIC, an applicant business must be legally registered with the State of Michigan and should meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A tech-based startup focused on commercial application that has been in operation for less than three years.
- A tech-based company that has undergone substantial change in ownership or business model within one year of application date.
- A home-based, tech-based business that is ready to transition to a professional environment
The process for becoming a TBIC client is as follows:
- Complete this application and pay the non-refundable $40 application fee.
- Meet with the TechTown LABS team to assess your incubation and business support needs TechTown
- If the TechTown LABS teams decides to admit you to the program, an Incubator Client Services Agreement is issued and signed. Note that admission to the program is conditional.
- You are expected to exit the TBIC within 39 months of your admission into the program.
Application Overview and Key Dates
Please answer each question as thoroughly as possible. Most questions have a 50-word limit. The short video assignment is required. All applicants must complete all requirements to be considered; incomplete responses will disqualify your application.
The application deadline is Monday, July 9 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- Notifications of in-person interviews will be sent by Wednesday, July 11 at 5:00 p.m.
- In-person interviews will occur between July 16-20 at TechTown.
- Notifications of program acceptance will be sent by Friday, July 20 at 5:00 p.m. Accepted applicants will be required to send written confirmation of acceptance by Monday, July 23 at 5:00 p.m. to secure seat in program.
Cohort 8 Sessions: July 31 - September 25
Final Showcase: September 25
Classes are hosted at TechTown on Tuesday evenings from 5-8:00 pm. Please anticipate to commit 15-20 additional hours each week to homework and other assignments.
Program fee upon acceptance is $499.
For more details visit: https://techtowndetroit.org/services/retail-boot-camp/